Essential Oils + Dogs
Dogs aren’t as sensitive to essential oils as cats due to their ability to metabolize the oils at a much faster rate. However, there are several EOs that should still be avoided with any pet.
The most important things to know about essential oils and dogs:
- Quality Matters! Only use pure, tested, therapeutic grade oils.
- Do not apply oils to genitals, eyes, nose, face, or paws. That’s right, do NOT apply oils to paws as this is the main location of sweat glands.
- Always dilute oils very well using carrier oils.
- Do not lock your pet in a room with a diffuser. Make sure that he/she has a way to escape if it is too much for their senses.
- When in doubt, ask your vet!